E.H. Emery Electric Ltd. is comprised of four elements:
Construction Electrical Services:
- We offer full design, build, and contract management (electrical), supporting government and private sector, high voltage underground power distribution and unit substations, commercial, institutional and industrial installations, petroleum installations and hazardous locations (fueling facilities and bulk storage tank farms), stadiums, street and decorative building lighting, sewage treatment facilities and pump stations, premise data networking solutions, installation of prime & standby generators, and UPS systems.
- Design, construct, install, and service pump control panels, VFD’s, PLC programming, ultrasonic level sensors, magnetic flow meters, proximity and current sensing devices, set up and maintenance on asphalt and concrete batch plants, dairies, bakeries, pump stations, water reservoirs and associated SCADA systems, electrical interfaces to wireless data transmission systems. Fabrication of custom control panels and integration with motor control centers.
Apparatus, Testing, & Repair Services:
- E.H. Emery Electric Ltd. service, sell, repair and rewind all makes of electric motors. Service and repair of generators, pumps, welders, cranes and hoists and custom winding for coils and transformers and all other forms of electrical rotating machinery are routinely performed by our fully qualified motor winders giving our customers complete “one shop” service. E.H. Emery Electric Ltd. can take on motor and generator overhaul, troubleshooting, rewinding, and replacement jobs on vessels of all classes and motors and generators of all sizes. We employ the Baker AWAIV-2 advanced winding analyzer and the Lexseco 1081H core loss tester to ensure all motors leaving our shop will give you reliable and efficient service.
Marine Electrical Services:
- E.H. Emery Electric Ltd. provides wiring services for upgrades, modernizations, and new construction on all classes of vessels to meet Transport Canada requirements. We offer installation of all types of marine wiring including communications and antenna cabling. We have extensive experience in performing through hull and through bulkhead penetrations and are familiar with the installation and construction of watertight wiring systems. Some of the systems we have expertise in include: PLC’s, shore power and transfer systems, propulsion and steering systems, reverse osmosis and desalinization plants, fire and damage monitoring systems, UPS and battery systems.
- Breaker and Motor Overload Testing – E.H. Emery Electric Ltd. provides breaker and motor overload trip testing for both primary and secondary injection breaker testing specifications. Our advanced test equipment allows us to produce real-time fault currents up to 1800 Amps, with digital timing circuits that allow us to accurately assess the condition of breakers, motor overload sensors, and protection trip relays.
- Generator Load Banking – All generators benefit from load bank testing. Aside from being a valuable tool used for accepting new generators for service, and re-certifying rebuilt generators, load bank testing has additional benefits that go beyond proving nameplate capabilities. Benefits include burning accumulated carbon out of exhaust systems, and the opportunity to prove the functionality of governor and voltage regulator systems. E.H. Emery Electric Ltd. has modern load banks that are ideally suited for testing standby, shipboard, and mobile generators at full load.
- Engine Controls and Transducer Calibrations – E.H. Emery Electric Ltd. works on all forms of engine governor, control and engine monitoring circuitry including synchronization controls. We can troubleshoot problems and calibrate engine speed, temperature, and pressure transducers using our process calibrators.
Experience – Qualifications
Unrestricted Class “A” Electrical Contractor – A Class A FSR (Field Safety Representative) certificate of qualification entitles the holder to submit declarations on behalf of their employer for any type of regulated electrical work. There are no voltage or ampere limitations.